This has to be one of the finest UK wedding blogs that I’ve come across on the Internet. Though it’s been referred to as a “Mecca for gorgeous photography and inspiring real weddings”, yet there is something that this blog offers that other wedding websites simply overlook. And that is the creativity with which Kat Williams presents all the information on her blog.
This creativity was given wide media coverage by leading publishing houses like The Guardian newspaper, Southern Weddings Magazine (US), The Sunday Times Style Magazine (Ireland), Cosmopolitan Bride, The British Journal of Photography, Easy Living, Company, Tattoo Revolution, Perfect Wedding, Wedding Ideas, Wed Magazine, and The Daily Express newspaper. The list of achievements for Rock n’ Roll Bride includes:
- First position in the Best Style Blog category of the 2010 Bridal Blog Awards hosted by The Wedding Channel and The Knot
- Inclusion in BrideTide’s Top 100 blogs to watch for years 2010 and 2011
- Profile in the book, ‘Working 5 – 9’ by Emma Jones, founder of the home business website “Enterprise Nation”
- Cited as one of the top 5 wedding blogs by Elle Magazine (UK)
Apart from her blog, Kat Williams is a decorated writer and public speaker (she also writes monthly articles for Photo Pro Magazine & WEDDING Magazine). Her claims to fame include:
- Photographed for London Tattoos (a book, due to be published in September 2011)
- Invited to speak at the Unveiled Photography Conference in July 2010 hosted by The British Journal of Photography
- Invited to attend the Designer Vintage Bridal Show in February 2011 as a special guest
- Made her catwalk debut at The Luella’s Boudoir Wedding Fair, held at One Marylebone, London in March 2011
- Invited to speak at The Mark Niemierko Academy, a training course for wedding planners in May 2011
- Invited to speak at and at a photographer’s workshop alongside Feather Love Photography in September 2011.
- Organising Jasmine Star’s first her first ever workshop in the UK for July 2011
Started in 2007 as a website to document her own wedding planning, Rock n’ Roll Bride was rebranded and re-launched in January 2009 as a UK wedding blog with distinct touch of ingenuity infused through Kat’s enthusiasm, passion and persistent efforts.
The idea of inviting submissions relating to the stories of their weddings, anniversaries and honeymoons, along with the choicest photographs of the event, was something that, at that time, was foreign to the UK wedding industry. In fact inadvertently Kat had started a blogging revolution. Rock n Roll Bride was the first UK wedding blog and where she began, many followed in subsequent years. Besides her own contribution to the blog, Kat’s readers have immensely contributed to the success of her wedding blog. Each of the blog post is worth reading and every photograph tells a unique story of the event.
Kat just does not publish all the posts she receives. Only those submissions get the nod that impress Kat the most. In fact, Kat lays special emphasis on the quality of photographs to be published along with the post. The creativity, artistic skills and a sense of capturing the mood must be reflected in the photographs before Kat approves them for submission.
Rock n’ Roll Bride is one of the premier and widely covered UK wedding blogs, which not just promotes your celebratory instincts, but also shares your events with the world.